Monday, June 7, 2010

Sydney's Blessing

Sydney Grace Summerhays was blessed by her dad on Sunday, June 6, 2010. It was such a special day for all of us. I was so proud of my husband and for the priesthood he holds. I am grateful that he honors his priesthood and that he was worthy to give Sydney the special blessing he did.

Sydney wore the same dress Mckenna wore for her blessing. This dress was hand made by a sweet, older lady who lived in the first ward Chris and I were in right after we got married. She made it for Mckenna. It is so beautiful and Sydney looked adorable in it!

Her dress was so long that shoes really weren't necessary, but....I had to get these!! I added the cute little flower embellishments. I just think they are so sweet!!


I was so excited to have my whole family down for this special day! I felt so blessed and lucky that they would all travel to be with us for Sydney's blessing. I love my family so much. They mean the world to me and I am grateful for all of them! Thanks again you guys for coming and making it such a special day for all of us!! =)

Here are some "pre-blessing" pictures we took of the girls... I think I may be the luckiest mom around to be blessed with such cute girls!!

Sydney is 2 months old now. I can hardly believe how fast time goes by. She is starting to coo and smile so much more now. I LOVE IT!! She is so sweet and so alert. I love her big, bright eyes. (Mckenna actually took these two pictures of her. She did a good job!)


During the blessing, Chris blessed Sydney that she would be close to her big sister, Mckenna. It touched me so much. I know they are going to become best friends and will share a special bond. I love watching how sweet and gentle Mckenna can be with Sydney. She loves her so much already and I know it will only grow stronger as they grow up together. =)

No comments: