Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What a week...and it's only WEDNESDAY!!

This has been a crazy week. To start if off, Sunday night Sydney started getting sick. She was running a little fever and a little runny nose. Well after work on Monday, I came home to a still sick baby with a high fever and Mckenna who was missing her fingernail!! Apparently she was out shopping with Chris' mom during the day and got her finger stuck under the wheel of a shopping cart and it tore her fingernail right off....whole thing!! Can I just say that even thinking of it still, I cringe! I can't imagine how painful that must be. Poor little girl!

Sydney still has a fever, a cough, and a runny nose. We took her to the InstaCare last night and the doctor gave us an antibiotic. He thought she might be getting an ear infection. I hope they start making her feel better. She has not been a very happy baby at all the whole week! She won't sleep for more than like 30 minutes at time, even at night!!! Chris and I have barely gotten any sleep this whole week. It's been so hard.

Then to top off my lovely half of a week, I got back a test from one of my 3rd students today and written completely out on her test was f*** you. Wow!! Thank you students for making me feel great! I was honestly in shock! I mean her name was on her paper and she even did her test. There must be more to the story. I honestly feel bad for this student. She must have some other problems that need attention. I hope this "cry for help" gets her what she needs. Kids these days never cease to amaze me! Everyday teaching reminds me of that!!

So, it's only Wednesday and that much has been going on...what else can happen? I better not jinx myself!! Thank goodness for tomorrow!! I hope you are a better day!! :)

No comments: