Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Smiles!

This summer has been filled with a lot of fun days so far! We have been really busy and so I'm trying to play catch up with my blogging. Last week Mckenna and I went to Moab to visit my mom and brothers and sisters. It was really fun. It was a much needed get-away to visit family.

Tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of my dad passing away. It has been an emotional year, but one that has also been filled with many blessings. I am so blessed to have such a strong family. I know that with my dad's death came the strong unity of my family. We have drawn closer to each other and have helped each other through the tough parts of the last year. I love them all so much! The Lord truly does bless us...especially when we are least expecting it. I am so grateful for the gift of eternal families. I know that we will see my dad again one day! The truth of that statement really does keep me going each day.


On a slightly happier note....I finally took some really cute pictures of Mckenna. She has turned into a real stinker when it comes to taking pictures. She won't smile for me when I get the camera out. She does everything possible to avoid pictures. I have tried everything. Recently I found out that she nearly blushes to death when I sing "Happy Birthday." I don't even know what brought me to this idea or why I tried this or why it works either. All I know is that she melts for this song. Monday night, we went to the temple for Family Night. We walked around the grounds and looked at all the flowers. That night is when I captured these cute pictures of my little girl! She is quite the little stinker, but absolutely adorable too! Got to love her!!




Mckenna loves flowers. She had to stop and look at and smell every flower she passed at the temple grounds. I was playing with my camera and captured this really cute picture of her by some bright yellow flowers. I love how it turned out too. We had a fun time walking around with her there. Chris and I will definately have to take her back because she loves it!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

She is the cutest stinker around!!

red_dwarf said...

Those are such cute pictures! I love that feature that your camera has, you can take such cool pictures! Its good to hear you are having such a good summer! Hope to see you soon!

. said...

Oh how I just LOVE mckenna! : )