Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Funny Story...

So the other day, Mckenna and I were outside playing in the front yard. It has been really nice weather lately in St. George during the day. I've been excited to get us out of the house and into the nice warm sunshine. I was sitting watching Mckenna play with her scooter and with some of my empty flower pots. She likes to fill them with the rocks and leaves. Well, being very much pregnant, I was getting pretty thirsty. I had the windows to the house open so I figured I'd be ok to run inside and get some water. I could hear if anything happened or whatever.

Well I went inside, for seriously not more than 2 minutes tops. I came back out and as I turned the corner from inside the garage, the first thing I saw was Mckenna's clothes laying on the sidewalk, underwear and all! OH MY GOODNESS!! She had taken her clothes off and was half way to the neighbors house, bare butt and all. I ran (well...I tried to run...lol I'm not very good at running these days!) after her. She proceeded to run in the opposite direction naked and hid behind my neighbors shrub. I finally got her and walked her back to the house. (I was just hoping that none of my neighbors were secretly watching from their windows...it would have been a pretty funny sight...pregnant women being outran by her naked 2 year old...)

Once we got inside, I asked her what she was doing? Why did she take her clothes off? etc. Well she proceeded to tell me simply..."I wanted to pee on the grass mommy!" Well of course, the only logical answer really when you think about it! =) Well, needless to say I started laughing. I couldn't believe she was able to take her clothes off, pee, and run to the neighbors in the short amount of time I was gone inside getting some water. She is too fast!!! Little stinker!! or should I say Little Streaker!! It was pretty funny.

This week has been the first week really that we've played outside more than just once because of the nice weather. She gets playing and enjoying the weather that she just forgets to tell me that she has to use the potty. Yesterday we had a similar episode at Chris' parents house in their backyard...although this one wasn't #1, if you know what I mean! I'll spare the details. I am hoping this little problem stops and that we can play outside without me worrying that she is going to just stop in her tracks WHEREVER she is and just go... We are going to work on that!! =D

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah, Addison gets so involved in playing she forgets to go potty too! Fortunately she's never had a #2 accident, but still, it's a pain.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

At least she has the presence of mind to take her clothes off first!

Sarah and Trevor said...

My dad always told me the less clothes you are wearing the more fun you are having. Sounds like you are bringing her up right. Society needs to be more tolerant of that kind of behavior. We'd all have a lot more fun!

Natalie said...

That must have been Trevor's Dad. I don't recall ever hearing that from my Dad! That pretty funny though!

red_dwarf said...

Too funny! i hope the video of you running pops up on Utube JK. Good luck keeping her cloths on!