Monday, January 4, 2010

Highlights of 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2009 was a great year! At times, it seemed to go by way too fast, but other times, I didn't know if we'd make it! However through it all, we made it! Here are some of our highlights of the year:

*Chris became manager at Sierra Communications! No more doing the managers job and only getting paid an assistant manager's salary!! Yay!! :)

*Sam marrying Holly! We all love her so much---especially for marrying Sam!! =D

*Mckenna's obsession with The Little Mermaid! I didn't think it was possible for a little 1 year old to want to watch a movie so much!

*Summer break from school! I loved having the time to spend with Mckenna before going back to school in the Fall. We swam A LOT and did lots of projects! I love summer breaks!!

*We attempted camping for the 1st time....yep, it was just that...an attempt! Maybe 2010 will bring us better luck in the camping department!

*Vacation with my family to California! I was sad that Chris couldn't join us for this week long vacation, but it was so worth the trip with my family! The beach, the sun, the shopping, and the laughs!! I love my family!!

*I turned 24, Chris turned 27, and Mckenna turned 2!!! I can't believe she is already 2. This is definitely a unique age to say the least. The term "terrible twos" is sometimes an understatement for my little monster! She has quite the strong personality. But even through all her tantrums, screams, and messes, she is still our sweet little Kenna and we love her to death!!!

*We found out we are expecting our 2nd child. Another little girl due here in April! We are very excited to have another sweet spirit enter our home! Also, we found out Sam and Holly are expecting their 1st, a boy, also in April. Our family is growing so fast!! I love it!

*Leonard left on his mission! Elder Francis is now serving the Lord in Argentina. We are so proud of him. We know he has some challenges ahead of him, but through faith and prayers and relying fully on the Lord, he will be able to touch the lives of the people of Argentina and bring souls unto Christ! I love my little brother!!

*Thanksgiving in Moab! We had a great time with my family. There is always something to do and something or someone to make us laugh. Big families are the best!

*I survived student teaching and college! It was fun, but definitely challenging, but through it all I can finally say I'M DONE!!! I finished college in December with my Bachelor's degree. It is bittersweet to know I'm actually done with college. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself sometimes...although my 2 year old and my pregnant belly seem to fill in the time nicely! =)

*Christmas in St. George! This year we stayed home for Christmas...well by home I mean in the area! We actually spent most of Christmas over at Chris' parents house. We had a lot of fun. We learned that 2 year olds dont' need as many presents on Christmas as we think. Mckenna was very content with the 1st few presents she opened and didn't want to open any more. Wish we would have known that before hand. We could have saved a lot of money!! =D Oh well, lesson learned!

Overall, we had a great year in the Summerhays family! Lots of time spent with family. We have learned a lot and have a lot to look forward to in 2010. I love new years. It is a great time to evaluate our lives and change whatever we need to to make us better people and become closer to Christ. We have already stared on some New Year's resolutions for our family.

I'm so grateful for a husband who has the same ambitions I do and who joins me in making small changes to make our lives better. I look forward to the time I have now to be a "stay at home mom" and be with my daughter (and soon to be daughters!). I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing right now with my life!

We hope everyone has a great and wonderful New Year!!

No comments: