Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mckenna's battle wounds...

This past Wednesday, Mckenna was being a good little girl and was going potty. She has become fairly independent with going potty lately and is able to do it by herself most of the time. Well, we had just gotten home from the store, and I needed to go to the bathroom too. (one of the hardest things about this potty training is that I usually always have to pee when she does but I can't very well tell a little 2 year old in training "wait for mommy" so I end up waiting)

This time, I decided to run to my bathroom to go while she went. When I was about half way there, I heard a loud thump followed by some pretty loud and serious screams and crying. I ran back to see Mckenna on the ground with her jeans on her ankles. She was trying to get down, using her step stool, and tripped because of her pants at her ankles. She fell and her poor little face landed right on the edge of the bathtub. OUCH!! I felt SOOOO bad. She was just trying to be a good "big girl" and go potty and ended up getting a nice black eye instead.

This is a picture of her eye on Wednesday after it happened.


Throughout the past few days, her eye has been displaying some beautiful colors!
Today this is what her little eye looked like... kind of yellowish-green and purple!

She is a trooper. She is not even scared to go back and go potty. I was really afraid of that. She likes to tell anyone and everyone exactly what happened too. She includes details every time...clear down to the fact that "mommy put ice on it but I ate it and it made me feel better."

I will try much better to hold my bladder and stay with her while she goes potty so that nothing like this happens again.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Ah, poor thing. What a big girl though! Trying to do it all by herself. Go Mckenna!