Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine's Craft Projects...

Since Valentine's Day is less than a month away, I wanted to make some projects. I have been seeing a lot of ideas on TV and also on various blogs and it has gotten me in the Valentine's decorating spirit.

The first project I made was inspired by a wreath I saw on the TV show Studio 5. (anyone else watch that show? I LOVE it! Well, I love most of the projects they do on it anyways...) I showed my mother-in-law, Debbie, the heart wreath they made and we decided it would be a great project. Well, who would have thought but there was NO heart shaped styrofoam wreaths to be found in St. George. We couldn't believe it. We called around everywhere. So, we decided to improvise and came up with a topiary instead. The best part about this project was that it was made entirely out of CUPCAKE WRAPPERS!! Yeah, I know...cupcake wrappers! I think it turned out really cute.

My second project was inspired after wandering around the DI. I found a frame that I thought had potential for something and since I was in the Valentine's spirit it ended up being a Valentine's decoration. Here is Mckenna painting her "project" while I worked on mine.

This is what the frame kind of looked like before I started painting it. It was a cream frame with three little yellow frames inside of it.

And here is how the finished product turned out....

Here are my 2 new projects together... I like them! Cute, easy, and definitely adding the Valentine spirit to my home!!

2 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

I kinda wish I had that Francis thrifty creativity. You always make way cute things out of junk!

Rebecca said...

SO CUTE Rebecca! I love them